Frequently Asked Questions
I'm not getting notifications?
Some device manufacturers add very aggressive power saving features. This can in some cases interfere with the native Android alarm manager features.
- Huawei devices: Android Settings Battery (power saving mode) App Launch Untick Tasks Tick all 3 options (Auto launch, Secondary launch, Run in background).
- Huawei devices with EMUI 4.1: Android Settings apps battery Tick "keep running after screen off"
- Asus devices: Settings Battery boot manager downloaded apps activate the "Tasks" app.
- OnePlus devices: https://dontkillmyapp.com/oneplus
- Xiaomi devices: Battery Settings Power App battery Saver select the "Tasks" app and choose No restrictions (for Background settings), then Allow option for Background location.
- Xiaomi devices: Android Settings Apps Permissions Autostart.
- Xiaomi devices: Android Settings Apps Manage apps Tasks Other permissions: enable "Show on lock screen" and "Display pop up windows while running in the background".
- Lenovo devices: Android Settings Application select "Tasks" app uncheck Restrict to launch.
- Honor devices: Android Settings Advanced Settings Battery Manager Protected Apps there you have to slide the Switch to active "Tasks" app. Its grey (deactivated) by default.
- Honor device with Magic UI 2.0.1: Settings Battery App launch and then manually manage "Tasks" app.
- Vivo devices: Settings More Settings Permission Management Autostart Enable the slider for "Tasks" app.
- Vivo devices: https://www.vivo.com/en/support
- Samsung devices: Android Settings Battery settings Unmonitored apps Add "Tasks" app to the whitelist.
- Samsung devices: Android Settings Battery settings Detail Select "Tasks" app and "Don't optimize".
- Samsung devices: Android Settings Device Care tap the battery icon press the 3 dots at the top right of the screen tap Settings tap on Sleeping Apps long-press the Tasks icon to remove it from the list
- LG devices: Android Settings Battery Remove Tasks from Background restrictions and allow Tasks on Power saving exclusions. Restart your device.
- More: https://sleep.urbandroid.org/documentation/faq/alarms-sleep-tracking-dont-work/
How do I add a recurring task?
- Create a new task or edit an existing one.
- Add a date and time (next occurrence e.g. 5pm).
- Enable the reminder.
- Set a repeat e.g. daily.
NOTE: Tasks will honour the schedule set. When you receive a notification the date and time will automatically increment to the next occurrence. Recurring tasks will be reset at midnight ready to be completed again.
How do I change the list colour?
Tap the parent list header. This will display the task list dialog.
How do I undo a delete?
When you delete a task/list a temporary popup will be displayed at the bottom of your screen with an undo action. This has an undo action.
NOTE: Deleted tasks will be moved into your Deleted Items list accessible from the main menu. To move a task from your Deleted Items list simply long press and click "Move task".
How do I change list in the widget?
The widget can display any list viewable in Tasks. To change it tap the list icon
The widget is too small
The widget can be resized to meet your needs:
- Tap and hold the widget.
- Release the widget. You will see the white drag handles.
- Use the drag handles to resize.
Note when the widget is full width, date and times will be fully displayed.
How do I delete a list / sub list / filtered list?
Open the menu and select "Delete Sub List". Note that if there is only one sub list the main parent list will also be deleted automatically. When deleting a filtered list the tasks will not be deleted and so remain in their original lists.
How do I disable swipe to delete?
If you find swipe to delete is not necessary for your needs it can be disabled in the apps settings.